Sunday, July 10, 2016

Dugdemona Summer Festival Yesterday

My hubby, daughter and I set up yesterday in the heat. It's the 1st annual Festival in downtown Winnfield, La. And it was full of all types of vendors and live music. There were even some great activities for kids.
Here's my booth. 
In the heat. I think I melted. 
The rest was fun.
booth, Winnfield, Louisiana, handcrafted jewelry, July
Booth #15 Yup that's me and Hubby.
Setup at 8:30 am, but I think that I could have been there earlier. Good ol' lot 15. I was supposed to be at #14, but I didn't know it then (2 days earlier, I was told 15, so I began setting up there). The staff were busy with others, so I took initiative and began. About 1/2 way through the process, one of the people in charge, came by and I learned of my mistake, but no foul, she let me continue and just moved whoever was supposed to be where I planted myself. All of the staff I spoke to were very nice and courteous. Next year will be better now that the kinks have been worked out. Hopefully 400 degree weather will not be on the schedule. Maybe it wasn't 400 degrees, maybe I'm exaggerating, it was more like 250. Ha. 

I had many folks check out my handcrafted items, and they loved how beautiful the pieces were. I felt quite encouraged. My friends and family always said my creations were pretty, unique, beautiful, and awesome, but they have to say that don't they? I had a big glass pink "diamond" (you know, the kind Hobby Lobby sells) that more kids asked if it were real or not. I was quite amused. I'm going to post some close up photos of the stuff as soon as I can get the pictures to this computer. 

If anyone is interest in an item they see, email me with "Booth item" as part of the subject line, and I'll see if I have it still. Loved visiting with the people, and eating the food. Hated the extreme temps although we were blessed with a steady breeze all day. 

BTW question: Does anyone have a suggestion for making weights for my tent? My dear hubby searched all the stores we could think of between here and Lafayette, La. and even had my brother-in-law look too. Any help appreciated. Thanks a bunch. Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.